Work Study

Work-study programs and graduate assistantships provide part-time jobs on campus, and they are a great way to earn money to supplement or even take the place of loans. We post all available positions on the Ship Career Connection. To access it, follow these simple steps:

  • Go to
  • Scroll down and click on SHIP Career Connection (On-Campus Employment/Job & Internship Postings)
  • Click the Ship Career Connection link - (Login using your SHIP e-mail and password.

To apply for on-campus student employment, you must upload a resume into Ship Career Connection. The Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Center (CMPDC) has all kinds of useful information and resources to assist you with this process. For assistance with the Ship Career Connection or in developing your resume, contact the CMPDC at 717-477-1484 or


If you were awarded Federal Work Study (FWS) as part of your financial aid package, you may apply for any open position on campus (those listed as FWS and those listed as On-Campus Student Employment). If you were not awarded FWS, you may only apply for positions listed as On-Campus Student Employment. 

While a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be filed for FWS, it is not required for On-Campus Student Employment positions funded by Ship.


Before you begin working, you must complete the following steps for Student Payroll here.