Change of Name
Students may request to have a chosen name that differs from their legal name on certain University records and documents, and for other educational or professional purposes. Our name policy is available at http://www.ship.edu/EIC/policies/.
Students may add or update a chosen name by following the steps noted below.
- Log on to myShip using your SU e-mail address and password.
- Click on Personal Information
- You will be redirected to your Personal Information showing your Chosen Name.
- Review any current information.
- To add or make an update to a Chosen Name, click Edit in the top right corner of the Personal Details
- Make appropriate updates and click Update.
A request to change your name must be submitted to the Registrar’s office, by mail, fax, or in person. Please bring a copy of the court document reflecting your new name to support your request for the name change. Accepted court documents include a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other court-ordered change of name. Documents may be faxed to (717) 477-1388. Questions may be directed to the Registrar's Office.