Policies & Procedures for the Old Main Chapel
Please complete Astra form at least 14 days prior to the scheduled event. If the form is not returned within the required time frame, no special set-up arrangements will be made.
Upon departure, turn off all lights and fans.
OLD MAIN CHAPEL IS A NON-SMOKING AREA. PLEASE ENSURE THIS IS ENFORCED.
You are responsible for maintaining the Chapel. If any damages occur (stains, scratches, tears to the carpet, etc), you will be billed accordingly for the damages immediately following the event.
This facility is NOT air conditioned
Questions may be directed to Joy Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To maintain the condition of the Chapel, please observe the following guidelines:
- A Chapel Reservation Form, available in the President’s Office, must be submitted at least 14 days prior to the scheduled event.
- Maximum seating capacity is 210 on the main floor, 62 on the balcony. This capacity number is enforced due to fire regulations.
- Requests for use of the podium, microphone and piano should be coordinated through Joy Arnold.
If food service is requested, please complete a Shippensburg University Catering Service Form and return it along with the Chapel Reservation Form.
- Prior authorization to play the Grand Piano must also be obtained. The piano is to be used for concerts only. Rehearsal times will be scheduled accordingly.
- Only authorized maintenance personnel are permitted to rearrange furniture, move the piano, open or close the stained glass windows, or place stage props on the stage or throughout the Chapel area.
- The Chapel is used for weddings by individuals associated with the University ONLY—administrators, faculty, students, non-instructional associates, and alumni. Weddings are permitted during the months of June, July and August. The charge is $250.00. Checks should be made payable to Shippensburg University.
The wedding party is responsible for its own music, photographs and decorations.
- Decorations can only be tied in place. Tape, tacks, nails, etc., cannot be used to affix anything to chairs, walls, railings, etc. ONLY DRIPLESS CANDLES PERMITTED. Candles must be extinguished immediately following the ceremony.
- Confetti, rice, etc., may not be thrown inside the Chapel, inside Old Main, or outside Old Main; however, birdseed, flower petals, etc., may be thrown OUTSIDE Old Main only.
- No smoking in the Chapel.
- Use of the backstage area is restricted to authorized University personnel only.
- Classes will not be held in the Chapel. Seating will not be set up classroom style.
- Fraternity and sorority events will not be held in the Chapel.
- Programs requiring university personnel for special set up, will be charged the actual cost of labor, materials and overhead.
If your event is cancelled, please notify Joy Arnold immediately by phone at x1301 or by e-mail at email@example.com.