Faculty Brightspace Orientation
Below are a few resources to help you get started with Brightspace.
If you have any questions or issues accessing any of these resources, please contact the Student Helpdesk at 717-477-HELP (x4357) or email email@example.com.
Student Orientation for D2L Brightspace.
Use the following links to view guides on using D2L Brightspace.
- D2L Brightspace Platform Requirements
- This article will provide information on current browser, tablet, and mobile support for D2L Brightspace.
- D2L Brightspace Orientation
- This article will will show you how to log into the Shippensburg D2L Brightspace Platform, update your profile picture and information, and access your courses.
Personalizing your D2L Brightspace includes three main areas: Your Profile, Notifications, and Account settings. Your Profile contains information about yourself and allows you to share a picture that will be visible in the classlist area of each course you're enrolled in. Notifications allows you to setup alerts for course activities. Account settings provides you with options to customize how Brightspace is formatted for your view.
- Account Settings
Navigating the Course Home Page and Content
The Course Home Page is the first page you see when accessing a course. Here you'll find announcements, calendar, student reports, and a content browser for your course. The navbar at the top will enable you to navigate around the various areas of your course. The key areas of the navbar include the Content, Grades, and Course Admin buttons. The content area will be where your students will go to access all the content of your course. You can create modules, access various brightspace tools such as quizzes and assignment folders, or upload files. The Grades button will take you to gradebook and Course Admin will take you to a page where you can access all aspects of the course.
- Navigating the Course Home Page
- Navigating Course Content
D2L Brightspace Tools
The Shippensburg D2L Brightspace platform provides you with a digital environment which acts as a digital classroom for some and a digital extension to your face-to-face classroom for others. You can use the tools within the platform to have your students submit their work, participate in online discussions, check grades, work in online groups, etc. The following guides will show you how to setup Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes, Groups, Grades, and other tools in the Brightspace learning environment.
- Accessing Tools in Daylight
- Guide: Setting up a Discussion Forum and Topic
- Guide: Replying to a Discussion Topic
- Guide: Using the Email tool in D2L Brightspace
- Guide: Setting up your Gradebook for the first time
- Guide: Creating a Grade Item
- Guide: Associating Grade items with Graded Objects
- Importing Content
- Quicklinks to Existing Activities