President’s Leadership Academy
Coordinated through the Chief Strategy Officer's Office
The President’s Leadership Academy (PLA) is committed to fostering, promoting and supporting holistic professional development to increase Shippensburg University’s capacity to significantly improve its identity, culture, and future success.
In stewardship of the University’s four priorities; 1. Student Success, 2. How we tell our story, 3. Interacting with our Community and 4. Quality, our mission, through executive-style professional development of each member, is to build an exemplary leadership-bench that provides insight and recommendations for the developmental, continued and sustainable success of our most valuable resource, the students of Shippensburg University.
The PLA will serve as a vehicle for continuous executive-style professional development of Shippensburg University’s faculty and staff. Individually and collectively, PLA cohorts will assist in the implementation of innovative strategies in line with Shippensburg’s mission. These strategies include (but are not limited to) Planning, Educational Services & Learning Sessions, Recruitment, Retention, Resource Development and analysis and dissemination of Best Practices for Student Success.
To be recognized as a premier executive-style educational leadership academy by providing high quality instructional programs and campus services for faculty and staff via a wide array of programs and teaching modalities with the intent of supporting the four established priorities of Shippensburg University.
Cultivating Leadership through Mentorship
- Work in partnership with the President and Executive Management Team in an effort to improve the student experience.
- Develop future leaders within the Shippensburg University community.
- Be critical-communicators and advocates through sharing the University’s vision and initiatives.
- Serve as ambassadors of the PLA and assist with,
- Design a process to nominate future PLA applicants and assist with program-develop and implementation,
- Assist with continuous development and improvement of the PLA program,
- Establish consistent and ongoing lines of communication, and work with members of the EMT to develop meaningful leadership development initiatives for the campus community,
- Advocate for the PLA to the campus community.
Access the PLA Intranet
Members of the PLA must sign in with their Ship username and password to access the PLA Intranet.
To see past cohorts please use the link bellow.
For more information or questions contact:
Lorie Davis ‘98M, Executive Director, Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Office/ email@example.com / 717-477-1484
Apply to become a PLA Member
Membership for 2020-2021 is closed. Cohort 2021-2022 will be available in Fall 2021.