Undergraduate Research Grant Program
The Undergraduate Research Program is designed to provide financial support to undergraduate students for research and scholarly activities related to their program of studies to enable them to better understand the scientific process, experience discovery, develop their analytical and communication skills, and become consumers of research. This university-wide program has supported laboratory research, field activities, art projects, written works, and computer applications and is funded by the Shippensburg University Foundation.
Undergraduate students are encouraged to submit applications for independent research to be conducted during the academic year and summer months. Also, they are encouraged to write and publish papers describing their research and to submit proposals for presentation at national, regional and international conferences.
- 2022-23 program details and guidelines are now available at https://ship.infoready4.com/#. Look for the competition link titled "Student Research - Undergraduate Research Grant Program 2022-23."
- Please Note: UGR Grants will be awarded on a COMPETITIVE BASIS.
- Log in at InfoReady Review https://ship.infoready4.com/# using your university ID and password.
- The application forms and complete instructions will be available between Sept 9, 2022, and October 2, 2022, in the InfoReady Review portal under the title "Student Research - Undergraduate Research Grant Program 2022-23."
Past UGR Funded Proposals: We hope the below links to past UGR funded proposals are helpful in the preparation of your UGR proposal.
- SU Minds@Work Conference: Students funded through the Undergraduate Research Grant Program are required to present their research results at the Spring 2023 conference (scheduled for April 18, 2023).
- Library Research Award
- The Ezra Lehman Library will present the Library Research Award to the undergraduate student researcher who writes the best literature review as a part of her or his undergraduate research with a faculty mentor.
- The Library will present a $1,000 first prize award and a $500 honorable mention award.
- Students interested in the Library Research Award must complete a separate application. (More information at http://library.ship.edu/friendly.php?s=lra)