Center for Land Use and Sustainability
The Center for Land Use and Sustainability (CLUS) at Shippensburg University is a great asset for educational and sustainability efforts in Adams, Cumberland, Franklin, Fulton and Perry counties and beyond.
Backed by the Geography/Earth Science Department, CLUS provides hands-on learning experiences for students through research opportunities between affiliated scientists and the community.
Through its events and projects, CLUS is committed to supporting science-based solutions to interdisciplinary sustainability challenges. The center’s goals include:
- Promoting interdisciplinary research
- Supporting sustainable solutions
- Providing professional development
CLUS offers consulting expertise in a variety of areas, including:
- Applied history and archaeology
- Community sustainability
- Geographic information systems
- Global navigation satellite systems
- Land use planning, economics and transportation
- Physical and environmental science
- Sustainable business practices
- Unmanned aircraft systems (drones)
To support or learn more about the Center for Land Use and Sustainability, visit the center’s official website.