Facts and Stats about Shippensburg University
- The only state university in Pennsylvania to offer degrees in Civil Engineering (BS), Computer Engineering (BS), Electrical Engineering (BS), Entrepreneurship (BSBA), Mechanical Engineering (BS) and Software Engineering (BS).
- Proud to award $79,000,000 annually in grants, scholarships, student employment and loans.
- The only university in Pennsylvania with an on-campus public elementary lab school.
- Proud to have one of only three programs in Pennsylvania accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communication.
- Able to tout one of the best Certified Public Accounting exam pass rates in the country for medium sized accounting programs. Our students have earned a top 2% ranking.
- Proud to have one of only 26 ABET-accredited software engineering programs in the nation.
- A place of active recruitment for over 2,000 employers looking to hire our students.
- Able to offer area high school students an opportunity to earn college credits for a fraction of the price.
- Proud to have one of only eight criminal justice programs (BS) in the United States certified by the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences.
- A safe and supportive environment for students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors and does not tolerate sexual misconduct or domestic violence. It's on Us continually works to enhance this safe environment.
- Equipped with a health center and other wellness resources on campus.
- Able to save students 66% on tuition versus the average private college tuition.
- Delighted to have a performing arts center on campus, drawing crowds for Broadway performances, comedians, symphonies, internationally-known speakers, pop and rock concerts and more.
- Equipped with a recreation center, complete with an indoor track, racquetball and squash courts, four multi-purpose courts and plenty of weights and exercise equipment.
- Always embracing the family feel across our 210 acre campus.
- The first state university in Pennsylvania to earn and maintain AACSB International accreditation in 1981 for the John L. Grove College of Business.
- Ranked twelfth in the nation by Great College Deals for our Disability Studies program.
- The first campus to obtain a certified green school building in Pennsylvania for the Grace B. Luhrs University Elementary School.
- The winner of the 2016-2017 Dixon Trophy, the award given to the top overall athletics program in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference. That marked the conference record of eight wins for Ship. No other university has won the Dixon Trophy more than three times.
- 0 Courses Taught By Assistants – Only Our Faculty Members Teach
- 3 Colleges (College of Arts and Sciences, College of Education and Human Services, and the top-rated John L. Grove College of Business)
- 3 Doctoral Programs
- 12 Fulbright Scholars Since 2010 (The most of any institution in Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education during that time.)
- 150+ Student Clubs
- 20+ Intramural and Club Sports
- 14 Dining Options, Including a Dunkin’ Donuts and a Starbucks
- 78% of First-Year Students Living on Campus
- 6 Suite-Style Residence Halls Featuring Private Bathrooms