The Shippensburg social media guidelines offer support for anyone starting or maintaining a social media presence on behalf of the University.
Individuals who manage social media on behalf of Shippensburg University, departments, groups, organizations or centers are responsible for following all normal expectations for professional behavior. Remember that what you post on social media, even if you later delete it, can be stored and shared with millions of people and ultimately reflects on the University.
The Office of Communications and Marketing can provide support to faculty, staff and students who are considering establishing or are already managing a social media presence affiliated with the University.
We can help by:
- Recommending a social media strategy.
- Identifying your audience.
- Selecting the appropriate platform or platforms to execute your plan.
- Learning the "do's and don'ts" of various social media platforms.
- Promoting your social media presence.