Graduate Research Grant Program
The Graduate Research Grant Program is designed to provide financial support to graduate students for research or scholarly activities related to their program of study to enable them to better understand the scientific process, experience discovery, develop their analytical and communication skills, and gain exposure to national ideas through the presentation of the results of their research at conferences. Our grant program has funded field and laboratory research as well as computer application and software development. The Graduate Research Grant Program is funded by the The Graduate School and the Institute for Public Service and Sponsored Programs.
Graduate Research Grant Program Details
- For the 2022-23 academic year, Graduate Research Grants are being managed by The Graduate School, in collaboration with Academic Colleges and Departments.
How to Apply
Research Ethics and Graduate Research Grants
When Humans Are Used in Research
Shippensburg University complies with federal regulations regarding the use of human subjects in research. This means that any project using humans must gain the approval of the SU Committee on Research with Human Subjects before any data is collected. For help in submitting a proposal to the Committee on Research with Human Subjects, visit ship.edu/research.
For more information on the federal regulations on the use of human subjects in research, click here: Electronic code of Federal Regulations.
When Animals Are Used in Research
Student research that includes the use of live animals must seek the approval of the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee before the project commences. Contact Dr. Kathryn Potoczak at firstname.lastname@example.org, for detailed information on the procedure for gaining this approval.
- Students will be invited to present their research at the Minds@Work Conference on April 18, 2023.
- Center for Juvenile Justice Training & Research
- Center for Land Use and Sustainability
- Chesapeake Watershed Ecosystem Studies Unit
- Early Childhood Education Grant
- Economic Development Centers
- GEAR Up Grant
- Head Start & Pre-K Counts
- School Studies Council
- Shippensburg Community Resource Coalition
- Small Business Development Center
- WEDnet PA