Available Resources and Information
There are a variety of resources and information available to students regarding internships and career-related issues.
S.U. Alumni Career & Employment Services
The University Relations Office staff can assist SHIP Alumni with their career development needs. Through alumni services pages, you can learn about the Alumni Career & Employment Services program and also check out services for employers. Explore these pages and use them as you need them throughout your career.
Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Center
The Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Center (CMPD) offers many services to the students at Shippensburg University. Information on resumes and cover letters, networking, interviewing, and available positions are available at the Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Center.
SHIPCareer Connection: A comprehensive online job posting and recruitment service.
You can use SHIP Career Connection to:
- Search for part-time, internship and full-time positions
- Explore careers
- Post your resume and other job-related documents
- Connect with alumni and mentors to gather more information about specific career paths
- Access the document library for helpful resources to aid you in your job search process
- Research companies/organizations and positions available
- Obtain information about upcoming events (job fairs, networking events, workshops, speakers)
- Select "Favorite" employers and contacts
- Manage on-campus interviews
- And more...
To access the system and get started:
- Go to: https://ship.joinhandshake.com/login
- Enter your SHIP Email Address and Password
- Complete your personal and academic profile
- Start using the system!
The CareerLink website https://www.pacareerlink.pa.gov/jponline/ provides self-service access to employment and training opportunities 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any personal computer connected to the Internet. CareerLink has offices throughout PA. The closest office, Franklin County Center, is located at 600 Norland Avenue, Chambersburg. Their phone number is 717-264-4584.
Job Search Sites
The following is a list of many INTERNET SITES which you may find helpful when conducting your job/internship search. Visit a variety of sites because some may be more user friendly than others. Have a great time and GOOD LUCK!!!
- America’s Job Bank
- Career Builder
- Career Resource Center/Career
- Hot Jobs
- Internship Programs
- Job Hunt
- Nation Job Bank
- The Monster Board
- Internship Placement
- Internship Description
- Student Testimonials
- Participating Companies
- Online Resources for Locating Internships
- Internship Opportunities
- Information For Student
- Information for Faculty Supervisors
- Information for Employers
- Federal Internship Program
- Additional Online Resources