|Facts about the Wisman Fund
- Comprised of a single account: the IMP manages the Wisman Fund.
- The IMP account's objective: To provide high school seniors planning to major in finance with scholarships to attend Shippensburg University.
- The account has reached the $100,000 mark and now will be awarding scholarships.
|Facts about the SU Investment Management Program (IMP)
- One of less than 10 student-managed investment programs nationally that are exclusively for undergraduate students.
- Started in January 1995.
- Private gifts and funds from the John L. Grove College of Business provided the initial seed money.
- Since its inception, the portfolio has returned over 175 percent, outperforming most standard indices of measuring stock performance.
|Benefits for Donors
- To provide a tax-write off.
- To get recognition at the annual presentation.
- To provide the satisfaction of knowing that his/her donation assisted in educating the students and made a difference in the quality of education.
- To directly observe the educational value through interaction with students.