Biology Department Academic Programs
Shippensburg University’s Biology Department offers a number of academic programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Undergraduate offerings include several Bachelor of Science and education certification majors as well as a minor in biology. The graduate offering is a Master of Science in Biology program. The department also supports Health Science Programs and has a number of affiliations with other institutions that allow students to find the path suitable to them.
Qualified students have the opportunity to complete a master’s degree in two additional semesters and one summer of enrollment beyond their undergraduate program in the Biology 4+1 B.S./M.S. program.
Additionally, the Teacher Education Department offers a Secondary Biology Concentration in its Curriculum and Instruction Master of Education program.
- Biology, B.S.
- Biology, Biotechnology Concentration, B.S.
- Biology, Clinical Sciences Concentration, B.S.
- Biology, Ecology and Environmental Biology Concentration, B.S.
- Biology, Health Professions Concentration, B.S.
- Biology with Secondary Certification, B.S.
- Environmental Education Certification
- Biology Minor
Master of Science
- Biology, M.S.
Master of Education
- Curriculum and Instruction, Secondary Biology Concentration, M.Ed.
Health Science Programs
- Logan University of Chiropractic (3+3)
- Leads to a Doctorate of Chiropractic. With the Logan Chiropractic agreement, students who maintain at least a 3.25 GPA in the Biology major and who have earned at least a C in the prerequisite, non-science courses will automatically matriculate to Logan University of Chiropractic.
- Northeast College of Health Sciences (3+3)
- Leads to a Doctorate of Chiropractic. With the NCHS agreement, students who maintain at least a 3.1 GPA in the Biology major and who have earned at least a C in the prerequisite, non-science courses will automatically matriculate to NCHS.
- Salus University - College of Optometry (3+4)
- Leads to a Doctorate of Optometry.
- Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine (3+4)
- Leads to a Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine.