History Resource Center & History Tutoring
Where History Help Happens!
Welcome! The Shippensburg University History and Philosophy Department, in cooperation with the Office of First Year Experience and Community Engagement, is happy to offer students free, low-stress tutoring to help them succeed in their history classes. Tutoring is available to all students, but it is particularly helpful for those in HIS 105, 106, 201, or 203.
History Tutoring Can Help with the Following:
- Effective note taking
- Reading and textbook strategies
- Understanding primary and secondary sources
- Preparing for quizzes (multiple choice, short answer, and essay)
- Preparing for midterm and final exams
- Time management
- Organizing and planning for writing
- Feedback on outlines and rough drafts
- Chicago Manual of Style (CMS) formatting and citations
Times and Locations for History Tutoring:
History Tutoring is currently offered virtually (via Zoom or email) rather than face-to-face. To contact a History Tutor, send an email to email@example.com.
Peer Tutoring is flexible and if the times listed below do not work for you, still reach out and we can find a time that works. All we ask is that you give us at least 48 hours' notice.
Spring 2021 History Tutoring Schedule
Mondays: 3:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.
Tuesdays: 10:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M.
Wednesdays: 1:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Thursdays: 1:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M.
How Does History Tutoring Work?
- Email a History Tutor at firstname.lastname@example.org; please include what you would like help with in your email (such as studying, writing, paper feedback, etc.).
- A History Tutor will contact you via email to set up a Zoom session or to discuss providing feedback on a paper. Please note: Tutors may take up to 48 hours to review a paper before returning it to you with feedback.
- We hope to assist you in whatever ways best support your learning needs.