Organizational Development and Leadership Concentrations
The Master of Science in Organizational Development and Leadership is an interdisciplinary program. Shippensburg University offers these six concentrations:
- Business - This concentration provides students with the opportunity to add business skills and competencies such as accounting, finance, marketing, operations, economics, and information systems to the core leadership and organizational theories provided in the Organizational Development and Leadership required courses.
- Higher Education Structure and Policy - This concentration provides students interested in a career in the many higher education areas with the opportunity to develop competencies in policy, social structures, inequalities, communications, and leadership within a college or university setting.
- Historical Administration - This concentration partners with the Applied History graduate program and provides leadership skills to students interested in a career in public history.
- Leadership in Society - This is the broadest ODL concentration, allowing students to select from a wide range of graduate courses in social sciences and humanities to best prepare for their own career goals.
- Management Information Systems - Students interested in a career in the many applications of management information systems can pursue this concentration.
- Public Organizations - This concentration provides students interested in a career in local, state or federal government settings with the opportunity to develop combined competencies in both leadership and public administration.