ODL Leadership in Society Concentration
Leadership in Society is the broadest ODL concentration, allowing students to select from a wide range of graduate courses in social sciences and humanities to best prepare for their own career goals.
Alumni from this concentration work in a wide range of settings from athletics and accessibility work to marketing, HR recruiting, workforce development, non-profit leadership, and the public sector.
The program is designed for both full and part-time students. In addition to core and concentration courses, you must complete an internship and an organizational analysis project. The Graduate Catalog details specific course requirements.
You must meet all requirements of the School of Graduate Studies, including:
- Have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 2.75. The ODL Admissions Committee may request an interview if an applicant's GPA is below 2.75.
- Submit the graduate application form along with:
- Current resume through the Ship Admissions portal.
- Personal goals statement, usually one page, single-spaced, explaining your personal and/or professional goals for pursuing the program through the "Program Statement/Questionnaire" link in the Ship Admissions portal.
- Undergraduate transcript(s)
- Requisite application fee
The resume and personal goal statement should be submitted via your admissions portal.
If you have any questions, please contact the ODL Director, Dr. Barbara Denison, by calling (717) 477-1735 or emailing email@example.com.