Majors, Minors, & Certificates
We have a variety of programs to suit your interests and goals. The Exercise Science Major has three concentrations, allowing you to choose the pathway that is best for you. If you do not want to major in Exercise Science, we have two minors to supplement the rest of your education. And we offer two certificate programs for students looking to expand their skills and knowledge.
For more information about our programs, click on the name of each below.
Ready to declare or transfer? Click here for our admission requirements.
Exercise Science Major
Please note that students are only allowed to choose one concentration.
- Emphasizes knowledge and skill development for helping others in rehabilitation and clinical settings; Prepares students for advanced training in many allied health professions, such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training, physician assistant, and more.
- Emphasizes knowledge and skill development for helping others achieve their fitness, performance, and health goals; Prepares students for careers in the fitness and sports industries, such as personal training, strength and conditioning, corporate wellness, and more.
- Accelerated 3+2 program for students who know they want to be an athletic trainer to help athletes manage their injuries; Prepares students for guaranteed entry into either Lock Haven University's or Jefferson University's master's degree program in athletic training.
- For undergraduate students who want to learn more about exercise, fitness development, and living a healthy lifestyle.
- For undergraduate students interested in coaching athletics or working in the sports world.
- For non-matriculating and undergraduate students looking to expand their fitness training skills and knowledge.