Required Clearances for Education Field Experiences
Currently valid copies of the following 6 items must be on file before any student enters any school representing Shippensburg University.
- Clearances are due the first week of the semester (apply several weeks in advance!)
- To be accepted, all clearances must be valid through the end of the semester
- See “Process for Submitting Clearances” and “Clearance Submission Cover Sheet” at http://www.ship.edu/coehs/field-services/office_of_field_services/
1. TB Results (PPD Mantoux test now required) – valid for two years from date of test. Must be valid through last day of the field experience/student teaching semester. Available through your primary care physician or Etter Health Center on campus.
For TB testing information and times at Etter Health Center, visit http://www.ship.edu/health_center/
Note: Some school districts may require a yearly TB test. This will be handled on an individual basis. Once you have been assigned to a field placement, if you learn that your district requires a yearly TB test, please contact the Office of Field Experiences.
2. Act 34 Criminal History Check – Act 34 is valid for one year from date on clearance. Must be valid through last day of the field experience/student teaching semester. (Register at https://epatch.state.pa.us/). Click Submit a New Record Check, Accept the Terms and Conditions, Individual Request, Reason for Request EMPLOYMENT, (and continue the rest of the process).
3. Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance – Act 151 is valid for one year from date on clearance. Must be valid through last day of the field experience/student teaching semester. Online registration available at https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home.
- Create Individual Account
- You will register as a School Employee Governed by Public School Code.
4. Act 114 FBI Clearance – Act 114 is valid for one year from date on clearance. In November, PDE switched to a new provider for fingerprinting. You will still need to register online and go to a fingerprint site.
https://uenroll.identogo.com/ Service Code for education students: 1KG6RT
***PLEASE NOTE: You will receive an email with a link to view your “unofficial” results. When you open this link, PRINT and SAVE/SCREENSHOT the results because you may not be able to access this page again.
5. Professional Liability Insurance – Must be valid through last day of the field experience/student teaching semester.
Student membership in PSEA or KEYTA provides this insurance. Insurance is mandatory.
- PSEA – Join online at https://www.psea.org/about-psea/how-to-join/student-registration
- KEYTA – Join online at https://www.keyta.org/membership-application-form/
**The only form that is needed is the email showing your date of membership.
6. Act 24 and Act 82 Arrest/Conviction Report – must be signed each year. Form is available online at https://www.ship.edu/globalassets/coehs/field_experience/act_24_and_act_82_arrest_and_conviction_report_form.pdf or in the Office of Field Experiences and Partnerships – Shippen Hall – Rm 354.