<div class="acuity-booking-bar" style="display: none;">Shippensburg University Writing Studio<a href="https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=11307775" target="_blank" class="acuity-embed-button">Schedule Appointment</a></div><script src="https://embed.acuityscheduling.com/embed/bar/11307775.js" async></script
The Graduate Writing Center
Our mission is to support graduate students across courses and disciplines in their development as writers. This means that any graduate student who is writing for any course is welcome to work with us. Appointments are driven by the writer’s assignment and goals. We can help you with assignments ranging from informal personal response papers to formal research methodologies. Our graduate writing consultants are peers who can help you:
- carefully read your assignment prompt and instructions
- break an assignment into manageable steps or tasks
- analyze the writing situation (or rhetorical situation)
- focus and organize ideas
- use evidence to support ideas
- integrate sources and format them
- revise your work
- proofread sentences, and more!
While some students use writing support as a one-time event, we highly encourage students to schedule multiple appointments with a trusted writing consultant over a period of time to foster long-term learning.
We offer three types of consultations to meet your meeting preferences:
- In-Person Writing Consultations are held in the Graduate Writing Center office, located in Mowrey Hall room 137. All in-person consultations will last 60 minutes. Please send your assignment description and draft paper to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one hour before the scheduled appointment time.
- Synchronous Zoom Consultations occur in real-time via Zoom Video Conferencing software. To use this option, you must have internet access and a computer equipped with a microphone and camera. Please send your assignment description and draft paper to email@example.com at least one hour before your appointment time. Instructions for Zoom Video Conferencing are available here
- Asynchronous Writing Consultations do NOT involve a face-to-face meeting. Instead, written feedback and a video will be sent to your Shippensburg University email address within 24 hours of your appointment time. Please email your draft paper to firstname.lastname@example.org at, or prior to, your appointment start time.
Schedule A Writing Consultation
Please use the platform below to schedule your consultation, but keep in mind the following:
- Please limit your consultations to no more than 2 total appointments per week and 1 appointment per day. If you want or need more appointments, please email email@example.com to let us know your circumstances.
- If you'd like to request a consultation time that isn't available through the online schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
Recent Student Testimonials
"I felt such a sense of support and encouragement with my writing!"
"[My consultant] is amazing. She is so knowledgeable, uplifting, and patient. She fills me with confidence and calm."
"Staff was very knowledgeable and kind. Made me feel very comfortable!"
"This is my first time using the Writing Center and was truly impressed; [my consultant] is absolutely great—patient and highly skilled."
<a href="https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=11307775" target="_blank" class="acuity-embed-button" style="background: #1a1a21; color: #fff; padding: 8px 12px; border: 0px; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 -2px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15) inset;-moz-box-shadow: 0 -2px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15) inset;box-shadow: 0 -2px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15) inset;border-radius: 4px; text-decoration: none; display: inline-block;">Schedule Appointment</a><link rel="stylesheet" href="https://embed.acuityscheduling.com/embed/button/11307775.css" id="acuity-button-styles" /><script src="https://embed.acuityscheduling.com/embed/button/11307775.js" async></scri
The Graduate Writing Consultants