Advanced Studies in Business
Graduate Certificate | Fully Online
Whether you are ready to advance your career, start your own business, or become a leader within a corporation, Shippensburg University's John L. Grove College of Business offers you AACSB-accredited programs to help you to succeed in a rapidly changing global economy.
The Certificate of Advanced Studies in Business allows professionals from various backgrounds to learn how management principles can be applied in any business or organization.
Learn the core business concepts in:
- Organizational behavior and marketing
- Financial and operations management
- Employee and customer relations
- Economic and informational systems
The 16-credit post-baccalaureate certificate program is fully online. Courses are offered once each calendar year, so you can easily complete the certificate in one year. The program is limited to 25 students to ensure an all-inclusive learning experience.
To be eligible for admission to the program, applicants must:
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Submit a completed application.
- Have official undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts sent to Shippensburg University.
There is no admission fee for the certificate program. Applications must be submitted no later than the completion of 8 credits in the program.
Expand Your Opportunities, Earn Your MBA
The courses within the Advanced Business graduate certificate (BSN 510, 511, 512, and 513) can be used to fulfill MBA program prerequisites. Please note, application for enrolling into the MBA program must be made no later than the completion of 12 credits. For more information, visit Ship MBA Program.
Take the four courses listed below. For full program and course descriptions, review the Graduate Catalog.
- BSN 511 Business Operations & Analysis (4 credits)
- BSN 519 Essentials of Information Systems (2 credits)
- BSN 520 Essentials of Economics (2 credits)
- BSN 521 Essentials of Accounting (2 credits)
- BSN 530 Essentials of Finance (2 credits)
- BSN 534 Essentials of Marketing (2 credits)
- BSN 531 Essentials of Organizational Behavior (2 credits)
Shippensburg University reserves the right to cancel any courses due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.
Current & Past Students
Log in to your MyShip Portal using your Ship email address and password to register.
Review the Non-Degree/Visiting Students application instructions.
Information about tuition, fees, paying your bill, and the refund and withdraw policies are available on the Student Accounts page.
For additional questions regarding tuition and financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office.
If you are receiving financial assistance from your employer to pay your tuition and/or fees, you must complete the Employer Reimbursement Tuition Deferment Application.