Graduate Certificate | Online & In-Class Participation
Whether you are ready to advance your career, start your own business, or become a leader within a corporation, Shippensburg University can prepare you for achieving your personal and professional goals. Shippensburg University's John L. Grove College of Business offers you AACSB-accredited programs to help you to succeed in a rapidly changing global economy.
The 12-credit graduate certificate program is blended with online and in-class participation. Courses are offered once each calendar year, so you can easily complete the certificate in one year.
Learn the core concepts and gain hands-on experience:
- Search large data sets
- Build predictive models
- Develop interactive data-visualization tools using charts and heatmaps
- Maximize the use of Excel add-ins and XLMiner software for data mining
- Make data-driven marketing and business strategies
Note: The Business Analytics courses can be applied to the MBA program as a concentration. For more information, visit ShipMBA Program.
To be eligible for admission to the program, applicants must:
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Submit a completed application.
- Have official undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts sent to Shippensburg University.
For full program and course descriptions, review the Graduate Catalog.
- MBA 506 - Data Mining for Predictive Analytics I Credits: 3
- MBA 507 - Data Mining for Predictive Analytics II Credits: 3
- MBA 511 - Marketing Analytics Credits: 3
- ISS 550 - Database Design Credits: 3
Note: Students must complete all four courses to receive the certificate. MBA 506, 507, 511 are taugh 100% online. ISS 550 is taught in the evening using video-conferencing and a hybrid format.
Shippensburg University reserves the right to cancel any courses due to insufficient enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances.
Current & Past Students
Log in to your MyShip Portal using your Ship email address and password to register.
Review the Non-Degree/Visiting Students application instructions.
Information about tuition, fees, paying your bill, and the refund and withdraw policies are available on the Student Accounts page.
For additional questions regarding tuition and financial aid, contact the Financial Aid Office.
If you are receiving financial assistance from your employer to pay your tuition and/or fees, you must complete the Employer Reimbursement Tuition Deferment Application.