Customized Workforce Development Training
Shippensburg University’s Office of Professional, Continuing and Distance Education (PCDE) provides customized, professional training programs that are designed to meet the needs of the organization and its employees.
Our faculty are highly experienced subject matter experts who design training programs based upon your organizational and professional development needs.
Shippensburg University is also proud to work with the Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA), which brings training funds to qualified companies across the Commonwealth to help improve the skills and productivity of their workers.
Contact us today to design training solutions to meet your company's needs.
Collaborate & Design Training
We provide support and services to help you succeed by:
- Conducting needs for assessment to consult, identify issues or areas for growth in performance and skills.
- Determine what type of training or solution is best to accomplish organizational, employee, and business goals.
- Develop short-term, long-term, or industry-specific training in collaboration with our industry-experienced faculty and instructors.
- Internal marketing and communication services to help build awareness of training amongst employees.
- Determine optimal training delivery and location, whether on-site, online, on-campus, or at full-service conference center.
Areas of Expertise
Below are some of the areas in which we've partnered with other organizations, but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Office
- Project Management
- OSHA 10 Hour
- Confined Space Training
- Spill Prevention and Response
- Forklift Safety
- First Aid, CPR, AED
- Remote Work
- Teamwork and Team Building
- Time Management
- Goal Setting & Getting Things Done
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Technical Writing Bootcamp
- Strategic Leadership/Mini-MBA
- Online Teaching and Learning
We create our programs to meet your training needs. We can offer multi-level training, certificates of completion, lunch and learn series, one-day or multi-week trainings, Continuing Education Units (CEUs), and more.
For more information about available programs and funding and eligibility requirements, visit our Workforce and Economic Development Network of Pennsylvania (WEDnetPA) page.
Letterkenny Army Depot
- Spring 2021 | Management Training Courses
- Faculty from the College of Business are providing multiple 40 hour Project Management Training courses to Letterkenny Army Depot personnel. The trainings utilize standard project management principles with case studies and materials customized to Letterkenny Army Depot business cases.
- Summer 2019 | Technical Writing Course
- A combination of basic and technical writing with a goal of cultivating confident, capable writers by enabling team members to write at a professional level appropriate for their position.
Cumberland Valley School District
- Spring 2020 | M.Ed and Principal Certificate Cohort
- Fall 2018 | Online Learning, Instruction, and Technology Graduate Certificate Cohort