Student Admissions Ambassadors
The Student Admissions Ambassadors team accepts applications at any time throughout the year.
Any questions can be directed to Ashley Spencer, Directors of New Student and Family Programs at email@example.com.
- Show school spirit
- Promote Shippensburg University to prospective students and families
- Attend weekly meetings
- Give daily campus tours
- Talk with students over the phone (Pho-A-Thon)
- Assist with Open House and the Admitted Student Day Program
- Attend the ambassador retreat
- Participate in on-campus prospective student events
- Celebrate a year of great experiences at the annual ambassador awards banquet
- Improve public speaking skills
- Enhance leadership skills
- Strengthen critical thinking skills
- Have fun with other enthusiastic Ship students
- Assist in the development of Admissions programs/events
- Influential in prospective students enrolling at Ship
- Learn how to manage and direct large groups
- Gain volunteer experience that looks great on a resume
- Learn interesting facts about Ship
- Form new friendships
The Student Admissions Ambassadors is an organization that seeks to provide prospective students and their families with information about the educational and extracurricular opportunities at Shippensburg University through their own personal experiences and training, with the goal of getting the prospective students to apply and confirm their enrollment. The Student Admissions Ambassadors are also dedicated students, who strive to represent Shippensburg University in the best way possible.
To build confident, professional leaders that are role models for future students. To foster an inclusive environment that will welcome new members to the organization and expand the impact we have on campus and the surrounding community. To tell personal Ship stories during campus tours, special events and conversations that will provide a unique experience to prospective students and families.