Academic Success Program
Hello ASP Summer Bridge Program students and families! We are actively planning a wonderful experience for all during summer 2022!. When it becomes available, a complete schedule will be posted soon on our website. www.ship.edu/asp.
In addition to taking our AEES101: Foundations for Academic Success 3-credit course, interacting with offices across our campus, and focusing on reading and writing skills, there will be a variety of virtual and in-person programs for you to help you get acquainted with your new Ship family, navigate campus, and make a successful transition to your first year of college.
Please expect further communication from us via email. This information will help you get ready for the summer program, complete all of your necessary steps in the admission process, navigate financial aid, and more.
In the meantime, reach out! You can call us at 717-477-1134 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns you may have.
Stay connected to your email as we send more information soon. We are so excited to meet you all and are looking forward to an awesome summer program with you.
Academic Success Program (ASP)
The Academic Success Program is a great way to begin your education at Shippensburg University in a supportive environment aimed at academic excellence.
Summer Bridge Program dates for 2022 will be announced soon.
Students should file their 2022-23 Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) by December 1, 2021 to receive consideration for priority aid. Students who file by December 1st could receive more need-based aid and receive their financial aid offer sooner.
To provide access and support to under-prepared students who have the potential to succeed in higher education. ASP strives to develop and maintain a comprehensive academic co-curricular support system for the purpose of enhancing student persistence toward graduation.
It is the philosophy of the program that students who are admitted into the program have the motivation, desire and the potential to successfully complete the requirements to graduate. As a result, the program's efforts continue to be geared towards skill development and enhancement, awareness of and linkage to campus and community resources that will assist students in reaching their goals of obtaining post-secondary degrees and gainful employment.
- Provide access to higher education for students who would not be admitted to the university using regular admission criteria (grades and aptitude test scores).
- Coordinate a summer experience program designed to determine college readiness of students who do not meet regular admission criteria.
- Provide an ongoing, holistic support system that will enable ASP students to overcome academic, social, cultural, and financial barriers to be successful in college and beyond.
- Support the persistence and graduation rates of ASP students.
- Integrate the Academic Success Program into the culture of the University.