Admission to the Academic Success Program
The Academic Success Program (ASP) is offered to students transitioning from high school to college providing preparation to be academically successful. The program helps you jump-start your academic journey by allowing you to:
- Earn three college credits in the summer.
- Learn how to navigate the transition to college.
- Receive professional advising, counseling, tutoring, and supportive services.
- Students who have not met regular admission criteria may be considered for admission to the Academic Success Program (ASP).
Next Steps After Applying
- All information is reviewed by the faculty coordinators of ASP and the Dean of Admissions to determine eligibility for the program.
- Students are then notified by mail of the admission decision.
Financial Assistance for the Academic Success Program
- Students must complete an application to determine eligibility for financial assistance.
- Complete the 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online, for the fall semester, at https://studentaid.gov
- Shippensburg University's FA code is 003326.
- Shippensburg University's Financial Aid Office is available to assist students with filing the necessary forms.