ASP/ACT101 Advisory Board
The Advisory Board enhances the efforts of the Academic Success Program (ASP) by assisting, retention, and persistence of all ASP students.
The ASP/ACT101 Advisory Board consists of 30 members to include the Executive Committee. The Board is represented by ASP students, parents, university faculty and administrators, community representatives (to include Shippensburg University alumni), and two representatives from the ASP/ACT101 Student Advisory Board.
The Advisory Board meets two times each semester and the Executive Committee meets once each semester.
ASP/ACT101 Student Advisory Board
Serving on the ASP/ACT101 Student Advisory Board is an opportunity for past program student to share what they have learned and contribute to the academic success of their peers.
The role of the ASP Student Advisory Board member is:
- Be a role model for your peers and contribute to their academic success.
- Promote and support ASP with students, faculty, and staff.
- Represent ASP at various University functions.
- Provide student input on support services and ASP promotional materials.
- Lead invited workshops for students
- Be available to share your ASP experiences with future ASP classes.
- Advise on formulation of Student Advisory Board policies.
- Nominate and appoint two student leaders each year to serve on the ASP/ ACT101 Advisory Board.
Requirements for serving on the ASP/ACT101 Student Advisory Board include:
- Be a student in good academic standing.
- Participate in representing ASP during University functions or volunteer opportunities.
- Be enthusiastic about helping your peers succeed academically.
- Be willing to participate in and lead discussions for student groups.
- Share experiences in a variety of settings.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information about serving on either board.