Weekly Service Sites
Several off-campus partners provide weekly service opportunities to serve the Shippensburg community. By committing to these opportunities on a weekly basis, you are able to form great relationships with community members and other volunteers.
Shippensburg University Campus Farm
The primary mission of the Shippensburg University campus organic farm is to provide students with a hands-on learning environment where they can apply concepts learned in courses to practical situations that enable the campus and the community to improve sustainability and to provide fresh produce for campus dining services and community members in need.
- S.U. Farms Advisor: Dr. Sean Cornell
- Farm Club Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Shippensburg University Campus Farm
King’s Kettle serves as one of the food banks in town for those who are in need of assistance. Volunteers help organize and distribute food to the community.
- 30 N Fayette Street
- Shippensburg, PA 17257
- Facebook: King's Kettle Food Bank
- Days and Hours: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Tuesday of cach month from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Shippensburg Produce and Outreach
Shippensburg Produce and Outreach is a volunteer organization providing fresh produce and services for Shippensburg area residents. Volunteers are needed for sorting, stacking, and distributing fresh produce on a weekly basis to Shippensburg community members.
- Katie’s Place
- 130 S Penn St, Shippensburg, PA 17257
- Facebook: Shippensburg Produce And Outreach
- Days and Hours: Every Tuesday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Organization of items starts at 12 p.m. and distribution to community members starts at 4 p.m.
Shippensburg Historical Society
Founded in 1945, the Shippensburg Historical Society is a private, non-profit membership organization dedicated to collecting, preserving, and sharing the rich history of Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, and the surrounding area. Volunteers are needed to construct visual aids for current and future exhibits. Volunteers are also needed to go around the Shippensburg area to photograph current buildings and features to be archived for later generations. If volunteers are able to commit to a longer term schedule, volunteers can assist in archiving local historical artifacts through a training opportunity.
- 52 West King Street
- P.O. Box 539
- Shippensburg, Pennsylvania 17257
- (717) 532-6727
- Days and Hours: Every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Shippensburg Hound Packs
Hound Packs is looking for volunteers to help pack food bags every week! Hound Packs provides 7 meals over the weekend to youth in Shippensburg experiencing food insecurity.
- Shoebox Supply House
- 709 Marden Avenue (off of Lurgan St.)
- Every Wednesday 5:30PM-6:00PM
- Contact: Noah Steinfeldt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Sign Up Here!