Campus Based Scholarships (2-4 year)
Current students or those planning to attend Shippensburg University, Wilson College, or Penn State Mont Alto may compete for full-tuition ROTC scholarships. Students do not need to be enrolled in ROTC to apply, but if offered a scholarship are required to enroll in the following semester. These scholarships are competitive and can cover up to four years of college: full tuition and mandatory fees OR room & board, plus a $1200 per year book allowance and a tax-free $420 monthly stipend to defray the cost of living. Applications can be submitted year round to the Department of Military Science.
After an initial interview, applicants may be scheduled for a medical examination and a personal interview with a board of officers.
If you are selected for a ROTC Scholarship, you are required to:
- Sign a contract agreeing to complete the ROTC program and serve as an officer after graduation
- Attend a 5-week Leadership Development Course in the summer between your Junior and Senior Year.
- Serve as an officer on Army active duty, National Guard, or Army Reserves upon degree completion.
- Serve as an officer for a total of 8 years after graduation. This service may be fulfilled by one of the following:
- Serve on active duty for 4 years followed by 4 years of service in the Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR), National Guard, or Army Reserves. You may elect to serve longer on active duty, but only the first 4 are required.
- Serve 8 years in the National Guard or Army Reserves. This typically requires one weekend of training each month, two weeks of Annual Training each summer, and 3-6 months of initial training.