Ship Start allows area high school students to earn college credits at Shippensburg University for a fraction of the price.
Through our Ship Start program, students will:
- Save money and time by getting a jump start on their college education
- Earn credits that count toward their Ship degree or can be transferred to another college of their choice
- Receive a 66% discount off our standard tuition rates
- Get prepared for college academics and life so they can make a seamless transition from high school to college
- Choose from Ship’s diverse courses that are applicable to many programs of study such as English, psychology, communications, sociology, history, mathematics, geography, and science
- Increase their likelihood of graduation by reducing the time it will take them to earn their degree
Tuition is a reduced $100 per credit* — that’s a savings of $600 per three-credit class
Who is eligible?
All local Pennsylvania public, private** and homeschool high school juniors and seniors with proven readiness for college-level work based on their high school performance and their SAT, ACT, and/or AP scores
Ship Start courses are offered during our fall and spring semesters, as well as during our two summer terms. Eligible students who have completed 10th grade can enroll in Ship Start classes as early as the summer between their sophomore and junior year.
Be Smart. Get a Ship Start.
Your Counseling Office may also have access to the application
For more information, talk to your school counselor or contact Shippensburg University’s Office of Admissions at 717-477-1231 or email@example.com.
*Plus limited fees and the cost of books and supplies.
**Cyber and charter school students are not eligible for the Ship Start discounted tuition discount rates, but may attend at standard rates.