Dual Admissions with Hagerstown Community College

Hagerstown Community College Logo

Shippensburg University offers programs for Hagerstown Community College graduates to complete their bachelor’s degree through a dual admissions agreement.

This dual agreement ensures that you will be accepted to Shippensburg University after completing an associate degree at HCC if you meet the following conditions:

  • Graduate from HCC with an associate degree with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
  • Sign a Letter of Intent before completing 30 credits with HCC. Students as early as high school seniors can sign a letter of intent.
  • Meet all Shippensburg admissions requirements, including application deadlines.

If you qualify for the Shippensburg University dual admissions agreement, the university will:

  • Accept the general education (core-to-core) as fulfilled general education requirements for bachelor’s degree programs.
  • Provide you with junior level status (in a parallel bachelor's degree program).

Provide you with transfer advisement as a dual admissions student of HCC and Shippensburg University.

Steps for Enrollment in HCC Dual Admissions Program

  1. Discuss your intention to enroll in Shippensburg’s Dual Admission program with your advisor at Hagerstown Community College and complete Shippensburg’s online Dual Admission Intent Form.

  2. Request that Hagerstown Community College and any other colleges or universities that you have attended send transcripts to Shippensburg University.  If you have completed fewer than 13 college credits you will also need to send your high school transcripts.

Once you have submitted the intent form, a Shippensburg University representative will be in touch with you via email.

Dual admission agreements are non-binding for students. If you decide not to attend Shippensburg University after signing an intent form, you can cancel your dual admissions agreement by sending written notification to both Shippensburg University and Hagerstown Community College.

Raider Success Scholarships are available for transfer students with a 3.0 GPA and above, so be sure to speak with a transfer advisor to determine your eligibility.