Respondus is a tool for creating and managing quizzes and exams which can then be printed or published directly to Desire2Learn (D2L). Exams can be created offline and then uploaded to the LMS when completed.
Currently, Respondus is for Windows only and cannot be used on the Mac operating system.
- Close all open applications, especially Microsoft Office programs.
- Download Respondus from the link below. When prompted to log in, type your Ship e-mail address and password.
Download Respondus 4
- After the file is downloaded, double-click on it to open the zip file. Then, double-click on the Respondus4Campus.exe file to begin the setup process.
- If you receive the Open File - Security Warning, click Run.
- At the InstallShield Wizard Welcome screen, click Next.
- At the License Agreement Screen, review the agreement, select I accept the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
- At the Choose Destination Location screen, click Next.
- At the Projects Folder Location screen, click Next.
- At the Ready to Install the Program screen, click Install.
- When prompted, click on Yes to install the Equation Editor.
- At the Respondus Equation Editor Setup screen, click OK.
- Click Yes to create the destination folder.
- Remove the check mark from 'View Read Me' and click OK.
- At the InstallShield Wizard Complete screen, click Finish.
- Double-click on the Respondus icon on the desktop, type the following information into the proper fields, and click on License when done. You can find the Installation Password inside the Respondus License file included in your download.
Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education
Local Support Contact(s):
Instructional Design & Web Tech. IDWT@ship.edu
[copy and paste from Respondus License file from download]
- At the Respondus Newsletter window, click Close.
- Select Desire2Learn in the "Choose CMS Personality" dropdown box and click OK.
- Click on Help on the menu bar.
- Click Check for Update. If an update is found, click Get Update.
- Click OK. Upon exiting Respondus, the update will be automatically installed.
Respondus user manuals are available at http://www.respondus.com/products/userguide.shtml.
If you need help installing Respondus, please contact the Faculty/Staff Help Desk at 717-477-HELP (x4357).