Health Care Management Graduate Certificate
Offered through the AACSB accredited College of Business, the health care management graduate certificate is a fully online program that is ideal for two groups of people: 1. Professionals who want to advance their knowledge in health care management either because they are working in the field, yet have academic qualifications outside of health care and would like a formal credential in health care to strengthen their marketability in the field. 2. Those who wish to begin a career in the field to advance their career possibilities. The program is open to students who have earned at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
What Will I Learn?
- Analyze the complexities of the growing health care field
- Build strategies in the areas of financial management, information technology, health care law and strategic management
- Improve the quality of care to the community and surrounding service areas
- Optimize efficiency and control costs in an economic sector
What Kinds of Experiences Could I Have?
The John L. Grove College of Business is internationally accredited by the most prestigious business-accrediting agency, AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. This program can be completed in one to two years, by taking one to two courses per summer or winter term, depending upon your schedule and availability.
What Types of Careers Could I Get With This Degree?
Some available careers include:
- Clinical data manager
- Public relations specialist
- First-line supervisor of office and administrative support workers
- Medical secretary
- Public relations and fundraising manager
- Administrative services manager
- Human resources manager
- Medical and health services manager
Students interested in pursuing an MBA degree at Shippensburg University can apply any two of the four health care management courses toward meeting the MBA elective requirement.