Plagiarism Detection -Turnitin
The Dropbox lets you submit assignments through D2L. Instructors create an assignment in the Dropbox area that includes submission to Turnitin. Note: Your instructor sets up plagiarism detection in the Dropbox folder, all you need to do is submit the file as shown below.
To access the Dropbox tool, click on the Dropbox link on your course's navigation bar.
From the Folder List page you can view:
- A list of assignment folders and related attachments
- Whether folders are for group or personal assignments.
- The number of assignments that you submitted to each folder.
- Whether feedback, including grades and rubric scores, has been left for you.
D2L will accept the following file type:
The following file types are compatible with Plagiarism Detection however, check with your instructor to verify the file type he/she will accept (generally, MS Word, RTF or Plain text) :
- MS Word
- Acrobat PDF
- Plain text
From the main Dropbox page, click the name of the folder that you want to submit an assignment to, and then do the following:
- Click on the Add a File button.
- Browse and attach the file you want to upload. You can click Add to attach additional files.
- Click on the Upload button.
- Click on the Submit button.
Group dropbox folders have a Group Folder icon beside their name. Any user in your group can submit files to the group folder. The Submissions column in the Folder List lets you know how many files your group submitted. The Submission History page provides details on who submitted files and when. Feedback, including grades, associated with group folders applies to the entire group.
- On the Dropbox Folders page, click on the History button.
- Click on the Folder you want to view submissions for.
A list of submitted files displays on the Submission History page. You can check each file's size, when it is submitted, whether comments were included with it, and who has retrieved it. For group Dropbox folders you can check who submitted each file.
- Unread Icon The file has not bee retrieved.
- Read Icon The file has been retrieved. (It may not have been read or graded.)
- From the Dropbox Folders page, click the View icon in the Feedback column for a folder.
- View your comments, grades, and /or rubric achievement.
- Click on the file link to download a file.