Charles H. Diller Jr.
Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and Innovation
The Charles H. Diller Jr. Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and Innovation works toward: Improving the awareness of entrepreneurship as a career choice and as a crucially important economic activity among the campus community. Raising the profile of Shippensburg University as an attractive place to study, work, and visit. Facilitating the members of the campus community to enter the entrepreneurial career. Provide members of the entrepreneurial ecosystem access to co-operate with and participate in the entrepreneurial projects of the campus community.
The center also provides additional funding for:
- student competitions
- entrepreneurship mentors
- student organizations
- seminars conferences and other opportunities
Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education Business Plan Competition is an opportunity for students attending one of the State System's 14 state-owned universities to compete for prize money of up to $10,000 for their innovative ideas. Winners receive prize money to assist in making their dreams of becoming an entrepreneur come true.
All competitors are encouraged to use their imagination to create their best business ideas. Each university has faculty and staff who are dedicated to providing personal attention to students' ideas to prepare them for launch in today's marketplace. A team of judges reviews the business plans, and the finalists, as well as all of the competitors, are recognized at an awards ceremony.
Ship Tank is a pitch contest to encourage entrepreneurial thinking within the Shippensburg University student body.
For more information click - 2022 Diller Center Ship Tank
Thank you to all of the 2020 ShipTank Participants!
2020 Ship Tank Winners
First Place - Sarah Berg "Pack Tank"
Second Place - Jiciana Knight "Ship Soul Inc., Food Truck"
Third Place - Chris Lehman "Environmentally Friendly Cement Substitutes"
Fourth Place - Michael Hildebrand "Raser"
Fifth Place - Kendal Clewell "Helping Handbags"
Global Entrepreneurship Week USA is November 14-20, 2022
During one week each November, GEW inspires people everywhere through local, national and global activities designed to help them explore their potential as self-starters and innovators. GEW is celebrated in 160 countries as the flagship campaign of the Global Entrepreneurship Network
Have an idea? Schedule your free consulation with the Diller Center team - DillerCenter@ship.edu
Diller Center Innovation Academy
Powered by Startup Bug
January 27 - 28
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
at Shippensburg University
What's this about?
A FREE 2-day program where you and other aspiring entrepreneurs form teams, meet mentors, develop innovative ideas, and unlock your entrepreneurial potential!
What does it cost?
FREE! You get here and we’ll provide the rest. Lunch is provided each day.
Who is the Innovation Academy for?
High School students in grades 10 - 12
Will there be a snow date if need be?
I want to participate, but I can’t commit to two days. Am I still welcome?
Priority will be given to those who can complete the full program. Those interested in just one of the two days are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org directly. You will be added to a waitlist and notified if space allows.
Innovation Hour Series:
- Four events are held each academic year to facilitate and encourage Innovation within the Shippensburg Community.
- Innovation Hour Mixers take place once in the Fall and once in the Spring. Students, Faculty, Alumni, Community and Business leaders are invited to network, connect and discuss the problems and solutions of today and tomorrow. Look for our emails, posters and announcements!
- Innovation Hour Luncheons take place once in the Fall and once in the Spring. Each semester a partner organization, department or project on campus is selected to work side by side with the Diller Center. As part of this selection and sharing of resources, a Luncheon is held whereby faculty and students from all over campus are invited to serve as a diverse think-tank. This think-tank provides direct and indirect feedback, ideas, and opportunity to the partner organization.
Contact DillerCenter@ship.edu to submit a partnership proposal or be included in the selection process.
- offers a unique opportunity for students, staff and faculty to meet and learn from local, successful entrepreneurs and business professionals.
- helps to broaden students' horizons and educate them on issues that impact their lives through speakers, panels, forums and debates that cover all aspects of running a successful startup through idea generation, business planning, marketing, supply chain, accounting and finance, as well as other important areas of running and maintaining a successful business.
- About Chuck
- Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Schedule of Events
- Contact Us
- Join Our Mailing List
- Mr. and Mrs. Milton K. Morgan III Makerspace
- Small Business Development Center
- College of Arts and Sciences
- John L. Grove College of Business
- College of Education and Human Services