Shippensburg University’s 9-hole disc golf course starts near Burd Run Pavilion, runs throughout the Student Recreation Complex, and concludes outside Seavers Hall.
Interested in playing 18 holes?
Continue play with another 9 holes at Papa Jack’s Disc Golf Course, located just off-campus at Shippensburg Township Park. Use the path leading from the R-3 parking lot to the Cumberland Valley Rail Trail. Turn left on the trail and cross the bridge to enter the park.
BASIC RULES OF PLAY:
- Disc golf is played with similar rules to traditional golf, with the goal of completing the game in the least number of throws.
- Each hole begins at the designated tee and subsequent throws are made from where the disc comes to rest.
- Signage posted at each tee indicates hole distance and par.
- Hole is finished when disc is supported by chains or basket.
- Player farthest from the target throws first.
- Lowest score from previous hole tees off first.
- A run up and follow through are always allowed, except within 10 meters of the target, which is considered a putt.
- On fairway, throw from a spot in line with the target and within 12 inches behind where the disc landed.
- Allow faster groups to play through.
- Pedestrians and other campus users have the right of way.