Finance Graduate Certificate
Shippensburg University's Finance Graduate Certificate is designed for working professionals with a convenient, fully online program. Taught by expert faculty, the certificate can help you develop a wide variety of analytical skills that will help increase your job marketability, further advancement in your current position or allow you to transition into another career within the finance field. The program can be completed in one to two years, by taking one to two courses per semester, depending upon your schedule and availability.
What Will I Learn?
This program will give you the ability, skills and knowledge to:
- Make value-creating decisions for a corporation in a business environment
- Analyze the effects of international influences on various aspects of firm’s financial management
- Measure and hedge market risks, liquidity risks, credit risks, and operation risks of a financial institution
- Evaluate different investment instruments and investment strategies to achieve investor’s financial goals
- Discuss and analyze a wide variety of real-world financial situations
What are the requirements for this degree?
- Have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Have at least two years of full-time work experience
- Submit a completed application and have official undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts sent to Shippensburg University
There is a $15 admissions fee for applying. Applications must be submitted no later than the completion of six credits in the program.
You are required to have fundamental accounting knowledge prior to taking finance courses in the program. Once in the program, you must take four of five courses offered. Courses are three credits each. A minimum 3.0 GPA is required to be awarded the certificate.
The Graduate Catalog provides details about program requirements.
What Types of Careers Could I Get With This Degree?
Those who complete the program can find careers as:
- Loan counselors
- Risk management specialists
- Investment underwriters
- Fraud examiners, investigators and analysts
- Real estate sales agents
- Bill and account collectors
Students interested in pursuing an MBA degree at Shippensburg University can also apply any two of the four finance courses toward meeting the MBA elective requirement.
What Kinds of Experiences Could I Have on Campus?
The John L. Grove College of Business is internationally accredited by the most prestigious business-accrediting agency, AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Small classes allow faculty to work closely with you to develop strong communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills, which are vitally important in today's business world.