MATLAB for Shippensburg University
Shippensburg University has a Campus-Wide License for MATLAB, Simulink, and add-on products. Faculty, researchers, and students may use these products for teaching, research, and learning. The license allows individuals to install the products on university-owned equipment, as well as personally owned computers.
About MATLAB and Simulink
MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multidomain dynamic and embedded systems. MathWorks produces nearly 100 additional products for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing.
Get Access through: Shippensburg University’s MATLAB Portal
Download the Installer
- Go to our MATLAB Portal. Select Sign in to get started under the 'Get MATLAB and Simulink' section.
- Log into your MathWorks account that is associated to your University license. (Note – you may be asked to login with your university credentials first).
- Click the download button for the current release. (Users can also download previous releases here).
- Choose a supported platform and download the installer.
Install and Activate
- Run the installer.
- In the installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do so, select the Academic – Total Headcount license labeled Individual.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to activate MATLAB.
- Contact MathWorks Installation Support here for assistance with individual installation
- Contact the university's Technology Help Desk at email@example.com or 717-477-HELP (x4357) for assistance with installation on university-owned computers, labs, and classrooms
Getting Started: Learn About Capabilities and Using the Software
- MATLAB Onramp – Learn MATLAB in just 2 hours
- MATLAB Academic Online Training Suite – Interactive self-paced online courses
- MATLAB Online – Instant access to MATLAB from a web browser
- MATLAB Mobile – Evaluate MATLAB commands, create and edit files, visualize data, and view results – all from your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
- Videos and Webinars – Search for videos by application or product to learn about the vast capabilities and uses of MATLAB & Simulink
- MATLAB Examples – A collection of free and reusable code plus examples on how to use MATLAB & Simulink
- MATLAB Grader – Automatically grade MATLAB code and run your problems in any learning environment