Exercise Science Department
The Exercise Science Department at Shippensburg University develops students into the next generation of exercise scientists who understand how and why exercise is used for the prevention, management, and treatment of health problems. Exercise Science students also master strategies for improving physical fitness and maximizing performance. Our students have high acceptance rates into master's and doctoral degree programs, including for physical therapy, occupational therapy, physician assistant, and athletic training. Exercise Science is also the ideal choice for anyone interested in careers in fitness and performance enhancement, including strength and conditioning, personal training, and group exercise.
Our students succeed at Ship and in their careers and graduate programs because of:
- Small class sizes that facilitate personal attention from expert faculty who also serve as your academic advisor.
- Specialized coursework in each of our three concentrations so that students can develop career-relevant knowledge and skills.
- Hands-on learning experiences in lab-based coursework, internships, and applied research projects.
- Leadership and service opportunities through the student-led Exercise Science Club and Exercise Science Honor Society.
- Networking at regional and national professional conferences.