Shippensburg University's Pride Center offers a focal point in making the institution an inclusive and equitable environment for all university community members, including lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, intersex, asexual, agender, and Two-Spirit students.
The center offers:
- A welcoming and LGBTQIA2S+ friendly environment
- A mentor/mentee program
- A commitment to building trusting relationships
- A place of contact for concerns related to LGBTQIA2S+ communities
- A team dedicated to dismantling systems of inequity
- A physical space with computers, a television, couches, and more
- Trainings, including Safe Zone Trainings
- Resources, referrals, and consultation
We encourage LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, as well as family, friends and supporters, to utilize the resources of our center. We can connect you with events, organizations, and other needs.
If you feel there's something the Pride Center can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact us.
We are located in CUB 231, and we are open Monday-Friday from 9-5. The center is currently limited to a four student capacity due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, and all visitors must wear masks and physically distance from others in the center.