Management Information Systems (MIS) Graduate Certificate
Shippensburg University's Management Information Systems (MIS) graduate certificate is a post-bachelor's program for working professionals who want to upgrade their management and technical skill sets to become more fluent in a technologically challenging environment. You can complete the program in one to two years. You can choose to complete the certificate either at Shippensburg University or the Central Penn in Harrisburg.
What Will I Learn?
The four required courses are:
- ISS 515 - Information Systems Project Management
- This course introduces you to the principles and practices necessary to be an effective information systems team member or project manager.
- ISS 550 - Database Design
- This course concerns data environment, basic technical concepts and system resources for data, database concepts, use and management of databases.
- ISS 570 - Information Analysis
- This course provides you with the necessary skills to accomplish the systems analysis and logical design of information systems.
- MBA 547 - Management Information Systems and Applications
- This course provides you with a managerial overview of the role of information systems in the business environment, the roles, and responsibilities of those involved, and the potential future trends in information technology and their implications on the business world.
What Kinds of Experiences Could I Have?
The John L. Grove College of Business is internationally accredited by the most prestigious business-accrediting agency, AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Shippensburg University provides a high-quality and high-value comprehensive educational experience that prepares you to excel as a principled leader in the global business community.
Small classes, limited to 25 students, allow faculty to work closely with you to develop strong communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills, which are vitally important in today's business world.
Depending on your schedule, you can choose to complete the program in one or two years (by taking one or two courses a semester). You can choose to complete the program on the campus of Shippensburg University or in Harrisburg at the Central Penn campus. Videoconferencing technology links students at these two locations. Approximately one-third of each course is completed online.
What Types of Careers Could I Get With This Degree?
Some available careers include:
- Information technology project managers
- Document management specialists
- Operations research analysts
- Management analysts
- Computer systems analysts
- Information security analysts
- Database administrators
- Network and computer systems administrators
- Data warehousing specialists
- Business intelligence analysts
What Career Outcomes Do Alumni Have With This Degree?