Professional Studies, Liberal Arts Concentration, BS
Shippensburg University's Professional Studies, Liberal Arts Concentration, BS program allows you to finish your degree online in as little as two years.
Get more info
What Will I Learn?
This program incorporates a variety of different knowledge areas. Expect to:
- Explore how a liberal arts education can enhance your career opportunities
- Become a better problem solver
- Boost your professional skills
Electives give you room to explore coursework relevant to your career goals. An internship or research project allows you use what you have learned in the classroom in a hands-on setting.
What are the requirements for this degree?
To be admitted you must:
- Have an associate's degree or at least 45 transferable college credits. If you need to meet certain requirements, you may take classes at your local community college or through Shippensburg University once you've been accepted or after you've completed the required major courses.
- Provide a current resume that includes a goal statement and documenting work and/or volunteer experience.
- Have a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher.
The degree requirements include:
- Completion of the 42-credit program with a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Fulfillment of 48 credits of general education requirements
- Attainment of a minimum of 120 college/university credits
What Types of Careers Could I Get With This Degree?
This program is for professionals or students who want to finish their bachelor's degree in order to gain more focused professional training, switch careers or advance in their current position. An internship or professional project can provide you with great hands-on experience and allows you to network with other professionals before you receive your degree.
What Career Outcomes Do Alumni Have With This Degree?
What Kinds of Experiences Could I Have?
Courses needed in the core and foundation will be run at least once every two years. During the spring and fall semesters, accelerated eight-week courses are offered, so you only have to worry about one course at a time.