Department of Counselor Education
Shippensburg University is proud to have one of the oldest established counseling programs in the nation. The Counseling and College Student Personnel Department teaches the skills necessary for the professional practice of counseling and student personnel work through its doctoral, master’s and certificate programs. The department also has three programs that are nationally accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs.
Apply here today!
Our students find success during their studies and in employment consistent with their training and preparation because of:
- Quality experience through field classes, professional organizations, conferences and research
- Small classes and personalized attention from faculty
- Involvement with Growing Edges Community Counseling Clinic, a clinic on campus that is the only program of its kind in Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education
- Flexible course offerings during the evenings and online, with certain elective courses offered on Saturdays and off-campus
- Course content and class schedules are being constantly evaluated to meet the increasing mental health needs of the world including issues of injustice, trauma-informed care, and the global COVID-19 pandemic