Graduate Fall/Spring Registration Information

Summer/Winter Scheduling Information

In order to schedule graduate classes, you must be admitted to graduate study at Shippensburg University. Prospective degree students must complete an application form, submit a $45.00 application fee, and have an official copy of their transcripts sent. Inquiries for admission to a degree or certification program should be directed to the Admissions Office.

Non-degree graduate students are required to pay a $15 application fee. Copies of undergraduate transcripts are not required. For more information, visit /pcde/non_degree/ or call the Office of Professional, Continuing & Distance Education at (717) 477-1502.

Graduate students must have valid student ID cards in order to register online and use the library and computer labs. Cards are issued at no charge by the University Police at the Reed Operations Center. ID cards are permanent; a fee will be charged to replace a lost ID.

Review program requirements in the graduate catalog. Review the courses being offered during the term. If possible, make an appointment with your academic advisor to discuss your schedule. Your advisor can help you plan a schedule that will meet the requirements for your degree or certification program.

To register through myShip, follow the registration instructions.  After you select a course for which you want to register, select SUBMIT to register for the course. If you do not select SUBMIT, your registration will not be submitted. Submission of your registration for a course will return results.  Be sure to review these results.

You may register for courses any time the system is available from the start of registration through the end of the schedule adjustment period for the course(s) for which you are registering.  If a course is restricted or at capacity, contact the department office under which the course resides to explore your options for registering for the course.  Department and directory information is available via links on the Home page in myShip.

As a graduate student, you may register for a maximum of 12 credits in the fall and spring semesters, 11 credits for each summer term, and 8 credits in the winter term. If you wish to register for more than the maximum allowable credits, contact the department office under which your program is located via phone, e-mail, or in person to obtain authorization.

Master’s degree Counseling Students ONLY: The Counseling Department will provide you with your assigned Alternate Personal Identification Number (PIN) prior to the beginning of registration.

Should you decide not to attend or to stop attending a class, it is your responsibility to officially drop or withdraw from the class, whether or not you have ever attended that class. If you do not attend and do not drop or withdraw, your name will remain on the class list until the final grading period, you will receive a grade of "F" for the class, and you will be charged for the class.  

You may drop or withdraw from all summer or winter classes through myShip. You may drop or withdraw from all but your last fall or spring class through myShip.  To withdraw from your last fall or spring class, graduate students should complete the online form at

Click here to view the Waitlist Process

Check for holds. If a hold that prevents registration has been placed on your record, the appropriate office must clear the hold from your record before you will be permitted to register.

  1. Log in to myShip.
  2. Select My Academics from the Student tab.
  3. Under Registration Tools, click on My Holds.
  4. If you have a hold, contact the office listed on the Types of Holds page to clear the hold from your record.

Contact the Technical Support Center in the Ezra Lehman Library at 717-477-4357 or for technical assistance. Contact your advisor or department office if you are unable to register for a course needed for your program of study. If you do not have an advisor, contact your department office or academic dean’s office.

View Student Accounts billing information

You will be billed according to the number of credits for which you are registered. Please note the fees presented under the Tuition link supersede any other published fees.

Bills are due by the date provided on your online bill. Bills returned after the billing due date will be charged a $100.00 late fee. If you do not pay or clear your bill by the billing due date, your schedule will be canceled.


Graduate students who wish to park or operate a vehicle on campus must have a current student parking decal. These are available from the University Police in the Reed Operations Center. Failure to register a vehicle can result in fines. Students are reminded to observe parking regulations and only park in designated locations. For more information, please call (717) 477-1444.


Detailed information regarding housing is available at To contact the office, call 717-477-1701 or e-mail


The University Bookstore is located in the Ceddia Union Building.


If classes are canceled because of the weather, announcements will be made on area radio and television stations. Official information about University closings can be obtained by calling Hotline at 717-477-1200. Please do not call the Registrar's Office.

Graduating Soon?

Applications should be submitted to the Registrar's Office, Old Main 110. In order to receive a degree, you must apply for graduation even if you are not attending the commencement ceremony. For additional information about applying for graduation, click on the link below.

Graduation Information

For more information about scheduling, call (717) 477-1381, or e-mail your request to